CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 9 March 2008

American Arrogance

Where do I want my country to be in four years? I would like to see us more tolerant of other people, & cultures. I think that we need to realize how we became what we are. As a powerful and wealthy nation we have a responsibility to be the big brother of the world. I would like to see compassion to those less fortunate in our own country. I want to see a country of people that works hard rather than expecting the government to take care of them. I would like to see the country more patriotic and open about their patriotism. I would like to see out political leaders lead with ethics and a strong sense of morality, rather than acting in self political preservation.

Where do I think we are now? I see the country spinning out of control. I see lip service paid to the important issues with no real hard action taking place. I see us as habitual consumers with no regard of natural limitations. I see people expecting the government to bail them out of their own bad choices. I have seen and heard people making decisions based on the superficial. (“Hillary Clinton just looks like a good president.” “I am voting for Obama because he is black.” “I could never vote for Romney because he is Mormon.” “John McCain is just too old to be president.”) I see the world looking at us in disdain and rightly so. We have been ill informed and too concerned with our selves, too eager to shoot and ask questions later. We have been too arrogant of our position and our own superiority.

0 comments: